Business Registration Workshop
September 25 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Are you ready to register your business, or become a sole trader? Whatever type of business you’re starting, this FREE valuable business registration workshop will help you to understand what is involved in registration and get your questions answered. This workshop is split into 2 sections. Part 1 (10am-12pm) will cover what you need to know about registering your business, and Part 2 (12.30-2pm) will provide you with key tips on managing your cash flow and getting your head around accounting.
Who is this course for?
The Business Registration Workshop is for you if…
- You have a business or freelance idea you’re itching to turn into reality
- You’ve attended our Start-up Weekend course and are ready to launch your business (NB you don’t need to have attended this course to book this workshop)
- You want to know the basics of how to get started
- You’re based in Gloucestershire.
What does this workshop cover?
Part 1 (10am-12pm):
- The financial and legal tasks that need to be carried out during the process of registering a business
- Which business models are appropriate for you
- The costs associated with registering a business
- ‘How To…’ Companies House and HMRC
- Governing Documents.
Part 2 (12.30-2pm):
- Using Accounting Software
- Filing accounts and accounting periods
- Managing your cash flow.
You’ll meet other budding entrepreneurs and start your journey together. By the end of the workshop, you will have clear next steps for making it happen!
Who’s delivering this course?
Charles Dodwell, an experienced Director with a history of working in the financial services industry. Since selling his family business in 2000, Charles has been spending time helping people start their own enterprise, beginning with an ethical loan fund in Gloucester, and most recently working with the Princes Trust, before joining The University of Gloucester on the Start and Grow Enterprise programme. Over that time, he has seen almost every kind of business there is, from partial denture manufacturing to Zoo design! Whatever your business model, many of the questions and hurdles remain the same.
Where is it held?
This event is held at The Growth Hub in Gloucester; a centre of support and learning for growing businesses.
Business Registration Workshops are offered by Start and Grow Enterprise, a University of Gloucestershire project with funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). Start and Grow Enterprise supports the growth of Gloucestershire-based entrepreneurs and start-ups (trading up to 3 years) through free training, events, networks, and resources.