Freelancing 101 – Weekday Course 2019
November 20 & November 27 & December 4 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
- Five Steps to Enterprise – Scaling up for Success – November 2019" > 〈 %title%a
- Start-up Weekend – November 2019" >%title%a 〉
Thinking about working freelance around your studies or employment? Do you want to work for yourself? This Freelancing 101-weekday course will show you how you can make it happen. Covering all the basics, you will leave this FREE weekday course with a one-page ‘lean’ business plan, key advice, and clear next steps for starting your freelance career!
This 3-day course is taking place on Wednesday 20th November, 27th November, and 4th December, 10am-2pm.
Who is this freelancing course for?
The Start and Grow Enterprise Freelancing course is for you if…
- You’re studying or in employment and have ambitions to work for yourself
- You have a business or freelance idea you’re itching to turn into reality
- You’re ready to explore your idea in a supportive group
- You want to learn the basics of getting started.
What will I do on the course?
Session 1 – Wednesday 20th November, 10am-2pm
Part 1 – The Freelancer’s Mindset – You’ve got skills and talent, but do you know how to make it as a freelancer? This business basics workshop will teach you everything you need to know about turning your concept into a commercial idea and will help you plan your next few years to make sure that the path you’re forging is going in the right direction.
Part 2 – Irritating But Important – Nobody likes taxes and accounting, but if you’re a freelancer then you’ve got to nail it. Do you need to be a sole trader or limited company? Do you need to VAT register, do you need an accountant? Get answers to all of the irritating but important stuff in this jargon-free workshop.
Session 2 – Wednesday 27th November, 10am-2pm
Get Yourself Out There – Now you’ve worked out what you’re going to do, you’ll need to find some clients. How do you convince people to buy from you? Word-of-mouth will only get you so far, so this fun and inspiring workshop will coach you in the art of marketing yourself and your business, and getting new clients into your business.
Session 3 – Wednesday 4th December, 10am-2pm
Make It Happen – you’ve explored your idea, learnt how to make money and manage your financials, and now it’s time to pull this all together. Let us help you form your plan, gain confidence, and set effective objectives to make your freelancing dreams a reality. You’ll come out of this workshop ready to start your freelancing career!
During the course, you will…
- Explore and test your idea with support from business owners and experts
- Find out how to take your first steps towards setting up a successful business
- Create a simple one-page plan for your new business
- Gain new skills and knowledge you can use to turn your dream into a reality
- Meet other budding entrepreneurs and start your journey together!
Where is it held*?
Start-up Courses are offered by Start and Grow Enterprise, a University of Gloucestershire project with funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). Start and Grow Enterprise supports the growth of Gloucestershire-based entrepreneurs and start-ups (trading up to 3 years) through free training, events, networks, and resources.