- This event has passed.
*In Person* Start-up Course for Creatives – November 2021
November 6, 2021 & November 13, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
Running a business is an experience of a lifetime. It’s a creative experience, it’s an intellectual experience, and it’s an exhilarating endurance experience. If you are thinking of turning your creativity and your passion into your life’s work then this Start-up Course for Creatives is for you. The course takes place over two Saturday mornings.
This course is held in partnership with the Gloucester Culture Trust and is tailored for creative professionals.
When is the Start-up Course for Creatives?
This online Start-up course is held over two mornings:
Saturday 6th November, 10am-1pm
Saturday 13th November, 10am-1pm
What will I do?
- Understanding your personal motivations: Communicate your passion
- What is your purpose: Clarify your contribution and impact
- Meeting the needs of your customers: Identify your customers and understand their needs
- Writing a Value Proposition: outline the value your offer will provide to your customer
- How to test your value proposition and write your pitch.
- Clarifying the ‘How’ and the ‘What’: Your principles and values, and your unique selling proposition (USP)
- How to productise a service and how to set your pricing
- Understanding the external influences – how to respond to a post-Covid world and assessing risk
- Key tips for registering your business
- Guest Speaker
- Practice your pitch!
Who’s taking this Start-up Course for Creatives?
This course is run by Julie Ellison MBA, business adviser, educator, and entrepreneur; who has been supporting entrepreneurs to start creative, innovative businesses for over 15 years. You’ll also benefit from a range of guest speakers from the creative industries.
Where is it held?
This course is held at Jolt Gloucester – a fantastic space for creatives, providing support and workspace to help you start, build and succeed in the creative industry. Jolt is located on Kings Square in central Gloucester, GL1 1RP. There is a lift and power-assisted doors at the entrance so the space is fully accessible.
If you’re coming by bus or train: Jolt Studios is 2 minutes away from the new Gloucester Transport Hub on Station Road. The route between the two is accessible. There are many car parks situated in the city centre within a 10-minute walk of Jolt, such as Kings Walk Car Park.
Refreshments are provided.
There are no social distancing rules in place, but a cautious approach is advised, so masks are encouraged (but not mandatory) to keep each other safe. We will keep the room well ventilated.
Start-up Courses are offered by Start and Grow Enterprise, a University of Gloucestershire project part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). Start and Grow Enterprise supports the growth of Gloucestershire-based entrepreneurs and start-ups (trading up to 3 years) through free training, events, networks and resources.