Online: Start-up Course for Creative People – November 2020
November 7 & November 14 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
Running a business is an experience of a lifetime. It’s a creative experience, it’s an intellectual experience, and it’s an exhilarating endurance experience. If you are thinking of turning your creativity and your passion into your life’s work then this Start-up Course for Creative People is for you. The course takes place over two Saturday mornings.
This course is held in partnership with the Gloucester Culture Trust, and is tailored specifically for creative professionals.
When is the Start-up Course for Creative People?
This online Start-up course is held over two mornings:
Saturday 7th November, 10am-1pm
Saturday 14th November, 10am-1pm
What will I do?
- Understanding your personal motivations: Communicate your passion
- What is your purpose: Clarify your contribution and impact
- Meeting the needs of your customers: Identify your customers and understand their needs
- Writing a Value Proposition: outline the value your offer will provide to your customer
- How to test your value proposition and write your pitch.
- Clarifying the ‘How’ and the ‘What’: Your principles and values, and your unique selling proposition (USP)
- How to productise a service and how to set your pricing
- Understanding the external influences – how to respond to a post-Covid world and assessing risk
- Key tips for registering your business
- Guest Speaker (TBC)
- Practise your pitch!
Who’s taking this Start-up Course for Creative People?
This course is run by Julie Ellison MBA, business adviser, educator and entrepreneur; who has been supporting entrepreneurs to start creative, innovative businesses for over 15 years. You’ll also benefit from a range of guest speakers from the creative industries.
Where is it held?
This is an online course, held using Zoom. Get ready by Downloading Zoom to your computer. After booking a place at this event, you’ll receive an email from us to register and then you’ll get your link to join the meeting. This online course involves exciting discussion, interaction, and practical activities with others in your shoes.
We’re keeping our online course numbers low to give you the best possible experience. So, make sure you book your place sooner rather than later! If the course is full, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add you to the waiting list.
Start-up Courses are offered by Start and Grow Enterprise, a University of Gloucestershire project part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). Start and Grow Enterprise supports the growth of Gloucestershire-based entrepreneurs and start-ups (trading up to 3 years) through free training, events, networks and resources.