Start Your Social Enterprise
June 15 & June 16 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pmFree
- Entrepreneurs’ Network Event – January – Retail Innovation" > 〈 %title%a
- Entrepreneurs’ Network Event – July" >%title%a 〉
If you’re curious about starting your own social enterprise, join us at this FREE two-day start-up course for the chance to find out more and bring your ideas to life!
Who is this course for?
The Start Your Social Enterprise course is for you if…
- You’re motivated by the desire to build a better future
- You have an idea, a passion or a project that could help people or the planet
- You want to find out if your idea could grow into a sustainable business – a business that generates profit and makes a difference locally or globally
What will I do at the weekend?
- Explore and test your idea with like-minded individuals, and build your network;
- Receive inspiration, insights and top tips from social enterprise experts and speakers;
- Gain new skills and learn the basics of how to set up a sustainable purpose-led business;
- Create a simple one-page plan for your new business
- Meet other budding entrepreneurs and start your journey together!
By the end of the weekend, you will have clear next steps for taking your ideas forward and making it happen!
Who’s delivering this course?
Director of Make It Studios CIC, Jules is a social entrepreneur, business adviser and educator with over 10 years experience supporting enterprises to start well and grow. An experienced trainer and educator Jules enjoys sharing her knowledge and empowering entrepreneurs to achieve the change they want to see in the world. Jules also lectures at Bath Spa University. Big interests include creativity, social innovation and sustainable development.
Where is it held?
This course is taking place at Make It Studios co-working space in Stroud. Make It Studios is Stroud’s newest shared workspace offers hot desking with business support, training, room hire and public classes. Based at Fromehall Mill, just a short walk along the canal path from Stroud town Centre, parking available.
Getting there: Don’t follow your Sat Nav! Turn down Lodgemore Lane and follow this road down, over the bridge, then turn right and drive down the canal path. You’ll see Make It Studios right next to the small car park.
A buffet lunch and refreshments are provided on both days. Free parking is available on-site.
*Please let us know of any dietary requirements at least 5 days before the course starts.
Start-up Weekends are offered by Start and Grow Enterprise, a University of Gloucestershire project with funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). Start and Grow Enterprise supports the growth of Gloucestershire-based entrepreneurs and start-ups (trading up to 3 years) through free training, events, networks and resources.