- This event has passed.
Start-up Weekend – October
October 12 & October 13 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pmFree
Got an idea for a business? Thinking about working freelance around your studies or employment? This free start-up course will show you how you can make it happen. Covering all the basics, you will leave with a one-page ‘lean’ business plan, key advice, and clear next steps for launching your new venture!
Who is this start-up course for?
The Start and Grow Enterprise Start-up Weekend is for you if…
- You’re studying or in employment and have ambitions to work for yourself
- You have a business or freelance idea you’re itching to turn into reality
- You’re ready to explore your idea in a supportive group
- You want to learn the basics of getting started
What will I do at the weekend?
- Explore and test your idea with support from business owners and experts
- Find out how to take your first steps towards setting up a successful business
- Create a simple one-page plan for your new business
- Gain new skills and knowledge you can use to turn your dream into a reality
- Meet other budding entrepreneurs and start your journey together!
By the end of the weekend, you will have clear next steps for taking your ideas forward and making it happen!
Who’s delivering this start-up course?
Director of Make It Studios CIC and Business Guide at the Growth Hub, Jules is a social entrepreneur, business adviser, and educator with over 10 years’ experience supporting enterprises to start well and grow. An experienced trainer and educator Jules enjoys sharing her knowledge and empowering entrepreneurs to achieve the change they want to see in the world. Jules also lectures at Bath Spa University. Big interests include creativity, social innovation, and sustainable development.
Where is it held?
This event is held at The Growth Hub in Gloucester; a centre of support and learning for growing businesses. Lunch and refreshments* are provided on both days, and free parking is available on-site.
*Please let us know of any dietary requirements at least 5 days before the course starts.
Start-up Weekends are offered by Start and Grow Enterprise, a University of Gloucestershire project with funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). Start and Grow Enterprise supports the growth of Gloucestershire-based entrepreneurs and start-ups (trading up to 3 years) through free training, events, networks, and resources.