Start-up Weekend – Feb/March 2020
February 29 & March 1 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pmFree
Got an idea for a business? Do you like the idea of working for yourself? Are you thinking about working freelance around your studies or employment? This free start-up weekend course will show you how you can make it happen. Covering all the basics, you will leave with a one-page ‘lean’ business plan, key advice, and clear next steps for launching your new venture!
Who is this Start-up Weekend course for?
The Start and Grow Enterprise Start-up Weekend is for you if…
- You’re studying or in employment and have ambitions to work for yourself
- You have a business or freelance idea you’re itching to turn into reality
- You’re ready to explore your idea in a supportive group
- You want to learn the basics of how to get started.
What will I do at the weekend?
- Explore and test your idea with support from business owners and experts
- Find out how to take your first steps towards setting up a successful business
- Create a simple one-page plan for your new business
- Gain new skills and knowledge you can use to turn your dream into a reality
- Meet other budding entrepreneurs and start your journey together.
By the end of the weekend, you will have clear next steps for taking your ideas forward and making it happen!
Who’s delivering this start-up course?
Chief Doer Tamsyn Harrod of BoomCircle. Tamsyn has 10 years’ experience in marketing, sustainability and strategic business support. She is a high standard collaborator with superb problem-solving skills and has the ability to energise those around her. Her positive attitude and knowledge will be guaranteed to encourage you on launching your new business idea. She thrives on her passion: helping to drive sustainability by understanding people, the detail and most importantly by getting the ‘good stuff’ done.
Where is it held?
This event is held at The Growth Hub in Gloucester; a centre of support and learning for growing businesses. Refreshments are provided on both days. Please bring your own food along to the course for lunch. Parking is available on-site (for £2.50 for the day by card).
*Please let us know of any dietary requirements at least 5 days before the course starts.
Start-up Weekends are offered by Start and Grow Enterprise, a University of Gloucestershire project with funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). Start and Grow Enterprise supports the growth of Gloucestershire-based entrepreneurs and start-ups (trading up to 3 years) through free training, events, networks, and resources.